Thursday, September 25, 2008

Back in GA !!

We rode across the Talmadge Bridge into Savannah yesterday afternoon. Our first stop was at the Visitor Center at the foot of the bridge to see about accommodations. We ran into a woman who spotted us a cyclists immediately, and she worked for a group that owns several hotels in downtown Savannah, and it wasn't long before we struck a deal to stay at the Mulberry Hotel on the Waterfront, in the Historic District. She had us up-graded to a suite so we would be able to store our bikes easily. At the excellent price she offered us, we decided to make it a rest day for Thursday, and do some looking around Savannah and to pack some stuff to send home to get the weight down.

The woman had ridden BRAG many years ago, and had given up the bike because of back problems, but was very interested in our recumbent bikes. All of this lead to the great suite deal, and we spent the evening with her (went to dinner together) and we will probably see her again today. This kind of stuff never happens when I am in a car. I love it.

Someone is waiting for this computer, so I will get off now and will report back in later in the day, and hopefully post some more this afternoon.

Suffice it to say that all is better than well; we are having an excellent adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Cathy and Myron,

How was Darien? I really wish I hadn't had an upset tummy... 'Cuz trekking around would have been so much fun in Savannah. Hope y'all enjoyed your stay!

So, It's Sunday! Where in the world are the Skotts, today? I'm guessing St. Augustine or Daytona... Let's see if I'm right.

Til then... Here's hoping you are having a blast! L'shanah Tovah!

Sue