Thursday, September 11, 2008

Alive and well-fed in Chincoteague, VA




We are in Chincoteague Island, VA. We arrived last nite after a 60 mile ride with a tailwind most of the way. When we turned onto the 8 mile causeway, we turned into the wind, and fought it out to the island. When we hit the island, we made a beeline to a sandwich shop we ate at about 20 years ago. There it was, and they still make a great Philly cheesesteak sandwich. Cathy & I each had a whole sub each, and then we found a motel.

We also enjoyed the items from Great Harvest Bread Company that Erica and Ray sent us. The second picture is of me getting the last bite of cookie from this shipment. I had our only flat tire (so far) right in front of this house with shade and a swing to sit on. So I refreshed after changing the tire.

We did have a weather related adventure in Ocean City, Md. We were passing thru and saw that a thunderstorm was approaching, and we did get raincoats on, then we tried to make a run for a motel. Before we could turn around, the front came across, and Cathy says "a wind picked up the front of my bike", and she fell, and sought shelter behind a rescue trailer. I made it across the street to a store. I called her on the cellphone, as I could not see thru the storm. We were reunited 5 minutes later as the heavy rain ended. We spent that night in Ocean City, and no harm was done, except to ego.

All is going good, and we are both feeling strong and healthy.

No comments: